We believe ...
... that God loves us. That Christianity is all about personal relationships with God through Jesus, so that our lives and relationships can be transformed. That we can know life in all its fullness. A relationship that brings hope of restoration to all the world.
Who we believe in
We believe that there is one God but that we know Him as three persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in a loving God who created us to be in a relationship with Him now and to enjoy enternal life with Him.
- We believe in Jesus, who was born into this world fully human and fully God.
- He lived a perfect life and the Gospels bear testimony from eyewitnesses of some of what He said and did. We believe that when He was crucified He was the sin offering for the whole world, so that through His death and resurrection we could enjoy a full relationship with God now and eternal life.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit was sent from the Father through the ministry of Jesus to live in all who put their trust in Jesus and enables them to live lives that reflect the love of God.
What we believe
- The Bible is the word of God and can be trusted to reveal God's work and unchanging nature throughout history. It reveals Him as Father and Creator of all things and human beings as His stewards of His world.
- Prayer is God's gift to us to enable us to communicate with Him and involve Him in our lives. Prayer is a vehicle God uses to change what happens in the world for good.
- It is important for Christians to meet together to worship God, to learn more about Him, to pray to Him and for the needs of the world and to encourage each other.
- Our faith is both a personal relationship with God and an outward responsibility to proclaim the good news of Jesus, to serve others and to work towards a more just world until Jesus comes again to restore all things.